1. Be prepared to commit to and prioritise your study both inside and outside of the classroom.
2. If you are travelling abroad, prepare in advance. Learn essential phrases and make sure you have a basic grasp of your trainer’s native language.
3. Be prepared to cover everything from Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy, Business and Marketing.
4. When carrying out personal yoga practice, repeat the relevant cues either out loud or in your mind.
5. Apply for trainee insurance. Having the opportunity to practice as you move through the course is the best way to boost your confidence.
6. Do not leave coursework until the last minute! Keeping on top of your work is the most effective way of learning.
Your Trainer will normally notify us within 7 days of your course graduation and you can expect to receive an email invitation regarding upgrading to a Teacher Membership.
If you do not receive this and would like to upgrade, please give us a call - 0131 659 9922
Yes, you may charge students who attend the class. You must inform students in advance that you are not a fully qualified teacher and you must charge less than a fully trained teacher.
Your principal teacher or trainer must give their approval for you to teach classes, and you must stay in regular contact with them, to get feedback. You can teach for a maximum of 2 hours per week.
You must have insurance to be able to teach classes!
Further Training Events are all the courses that you complete after your first Foundation (200hr min) teacher training course. We strongly believe that it is very important for all yoga teachers to continue learning new skills throughout their teaching career. Search for further training here!
Pregnancy, Kids, Teens, Sports Yoga, Thai & Ayurvedic Massage and Meditation are also known as specialist courses. This means that they can be completed also by professionals in the field who want to incorporate yoga into their day job (e.g. a school teacher specialising in kids or teens yoga). View all specialist courses here!
When you upgrade to the teacher level you'll receive:
√ A public profile on the Yoga Alliance Professionals Directory
√ Advertise your workshops and retreats
√ Accreditation certificate and badge
√ Share articles, videos and photo albums on your profile
√ Network with other Accredited Teachers
√ Access to Marketing Tools
√ Discounted Insurance is available (for UK and Eire)
...and much more!