Most foundation yoga teacher training courses devote at best a couple of hours on how to adjust a yoga practise to accommodate a pregnant woman. Yet the likelihood is at some point most yoga teachers will probably find that one of their regular students becomes pregnant or a pregnant woman unexpectedly joins the class.
Concern or fear when teaching yoga to a pregnant woman is an all-too-common problem for yoga teachers, especially for newly qualified teachers.
This Yoga Alliance Professionals further developmental workshop, will give you the confidence to integrate a pregnant woman safely and effectively into your general yoga classes, using easy to remember principles of support, soften and space. You will also be able to advise a woman when a general yoga class may not be suitable during her pregnancy.
This course is perfect if you are:
- Looking to enhance your knowledge and skills as a yoga teacher.
- Wanting to feel confident at teaching yoga to a pregnant woman.
- One of your regular students has become pregnant and wishes to continue to attend your class.
- You are considering completing specialist training in pregnancy yoga.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Teach pregnant women more confidence and integrate them safely into your general classes.
- Offer pregnant women specific modifications to their practise.
- Discuss the hormonal and bodily changes that impact a yoga practise as pregnancy progresses.
- Discuss common problems that occur and how yoga can help.
- Identify women who should attend a dedicate pregnancy yoga class.
The course is self-paced online training, you can start this course anytime, complete it at your own pace and repeat as often as you like.